KATE MARY MOATS
Our precious Kate was born yesterday morning, April 12 at 12:10 am and she definitely came in style. Friday night I started having contractions, but because I have had so many Braxton Hicks contractions mixed with a few that are quite painful, so I just figured I was having these again. Around 10 pm I decided I would go sleep off the pain and contractions. By 10:30 pm the contactions were starting to become much more painful and I remembered that this was how my contractions felt when I was in labor with Jordan. I called my insurance to let them know I was in labor and to have them call ahead to the hospital and reserve a room for me and they told me that the hospital I was supposed to go to didn't have any hot water or power so they weren't accepting any new patients and that we needed to go to a hospital 45 minutes north of us in Lafayette. Ryan and I quickly got our things and jumped in the car to start the long and painful drive. My contractions were now coming every 2-3 minutes and getting more painful with each one. Ryan was amazing and tried to keep me calm and help me breathe through the pain. We finally arrived at the hospital around 11:40 pm and as I walked into the ER, a security guard quickly grabbed a wheelchair and raced us up to the labor and delivery area. I have never seen nurses move so quick to get me into a room, changed, and an IV started as these nurses did. They checked my progress and I was already dilated to a 9 - NO EPIDURAL!!!! Within 5 minutes the doctor was there, she broke my water and I started pushing. At 12:10 am Kate was born and was laying on my chest. From the time we walked into the hopsital to the time that Kate was born was only 30 minutes - it was just like the labor and deliveries I have only seen on movies! We are so grateful that Kate is here. She is 6 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 inches long with lots of beautiful blonde hair. Jordan came to see her yesterday and absolutely loves her. He continually wanted to hold her, kiss her, and just check her out. He is going to be an amazing big brother. Ryan and I are so grateful for our growing family!!!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh DANA! That is kind of a great story! You got so lucky with not having to be in pain for tons of hours! You look great and baby KATE is beautiful.
We are so happy Kate is finally here! She is soo cute. We can't wait to meet her. What a good big brother Jordan is. Congratulations!
yay!!!! congratulations!!!!!
Yay Dana!!! I have been checking your blog a million times a day! I am glad you got to the hospital in time- Kate is so cute! Congratulations!!! YAY!!
Congratulations Dana!! She is so sweet! What a crazy labor story, but better to be short and done then long and drawn out...right?
I can't wait to see how more pictures of her and Jordan!
Dana,
You are an amazing woman! I can't believe you had to drive so far to get to the hospital and then had everything happen so fast. OUCH!! You will have to tell us how the experience compared with Jordan's.
We are all so happy for you and little Kate looks just like you!
Congratulations!!
Congrats! That is an exciting story. Lucky that you weren't in labor for too long! I will have to come by and see you once you get home, because I didn't make it over before the baby was born :) I will call in a week or so and see when is a good time. She is a doll!!
Congrats! She is beautiful :)
I'm glad everything worked out, and that little Kate gets out of the hospital soon.
Oh, I am so happy for you...wow that was really quick..lucky you. She is beautiful.
Post a Comment