Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Early this morning we found out that Kate's platelet count had dropped to 20,000 and she was given an IVIG through a new IV they had to put in her head (so sad to see)! The treatment raised her count to 23,000 by this evening, and we hope that her count will continue to increase, and her count will be checked again tomorrow morning. Depending on the results from tomorrow's count, we will know whether or not the IVIG is working or if we need to find another treatment, which would most likely be putting her on prednisone :0( The neonatologist has ordered an ultrasound of her brain to take extra precaution that while her count was so low that she didn't have any bleeding in her brain (she hasn't had any symptoms that that is the case, but she wants to make sure that all is okay). The ultrasound can't happen until the IV comes out of her head, so that will be in a few days.

Kate is doing well on her antibiotics for her group B strep and we are still looking at a discharge of Sunday.

Here are a few photos of the family and some visitors we have had :0)






Here are Kate's cousins, Jake and Layton checking her out with Jordan (thanks for letting me steal this photo from your blog Tami)

9 comments:

S and K said...

She is just the cutest little thing! That IV makes me hurt for her! I hope everything goes well and she can come home on Sunday! You look TERRIFIC for just poppin' out a baby! Thanks for the update! We'll keep praying for her! Love ya!

Scott & Tami said...

Dana & Ryan, we love you guys!! We can't wait to see baby Kate again. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Kate looks a little different from when we saw her last...she is already changing so much!!!!

Katie said...

Dana, your strength is amazing to me! You look great and Kate is just so sweet! You are both in our prayers and we wish you a speedy recovery!!
~Rich and Katie

k.young said...

Dana! You are so strong! I would be a mess. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. I am sorry you are all having to go through this, but hopefully things get better and you can come home soon!!

The Evers said...

This has to be pretty stressful, I am so sorry that you have all of this to worry about, it seems there is enough to worry about with a healthy baby! I hope she gets better quickly. She looks like a little angel. I am not going to bombard you with visitors, so when things start to calm down and you feel up to one, then I will come. You are all in our prayers and once again, please let me know if I can help in anyway!

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Holy cow, I just noticed the link you have to Tanner & Avery's blog. I don't know them but I found their blog from another heart baby's blog that I got from a friend. I have sort of been following little Bela's story. What a small world this is!!

Emily said...

I hope she get's to feeling better and they get her count up. She looks fantastic. She is really a pretty baby...good job mama and daddy. She is still in our prayers.

Maegan said...

Dana,
It looks like Kate is doing really well despite all she has going on. Have you worked with Dr. Mark De Marie at Good Sam's? He is my favorite neonatologist to work with down at St. Joseph's. Also, I really like John Van Bibber who is a NNP up there at Good Sam's NICU. I know that they will take good care of her. I am glad that they caught the GBS quickly because that means Kate will get better much faster. Some babies can get really sick, but Kate looks great. We will keep you in our prayers.

Marianne said...

She is such a mini JORDAN! Her little mouth is so him and she is so dang cute. You look so fabulous! Family of 4 that is crazy..