Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camp Pendleton Mud Run

A few weekends ago we went to CA for a family vacation, and to start it off we ran in the World Famous Mud Run at Camp Pendleton. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! This is now be a tradition we do every year, so if any of you want to join us, please do. We ran it with my brother Scott and his wife Tami, and a couple from their ward. It is a 10 k (6.2 miles) and there are obstacles throughout the entire race. You are sprayed with fire hoses, crawl through river crossings, go through mud pits to get to 5 ft walls to climb over, swim through a lake, go through tires, crawl through a metal tunnel, and army crawl through the mud. It was the funnest time I have ever had running!!! Ryan ran it in 58 minutes, Scott & Tami ran in in an hour (Tami placed 3rd in her age group and received a metal) and I ran it in 1 hour and 23 minutes - I am pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my left foot that really started to hurt around mile 2, so I ended up having to walk a little bit and then stopped and tried rubbing it out (I thought it was a cramp) - but it still hurts today, so I'm thinking a stress fracture. But that's okay, that means I will be able to beat my time next year!!! After the run, we went to In-N-Out, I love this place! Then we stayed for a week in Newport (more posts to come on that part of the trip)! Here are some photos from the race.



Before the race
The mud run crew: Dana, Ryan, Tami, Scott, Jason, and Kendra

Mud Runners for life


Love this place!!!

Here is part of the race where we had to crawl through the mud to get to the finish line. I am the one the sargent is yelling at towards the top of the screen!!!

11 comments:

Team Millward said...

You guys are totally crazy! That is so awesome! And no CA trip is complete without In N Out!

Katie said...

That looks like SO much fun!! Great job!

Amber said...

I am soooo proud of you!!!! Sorry about the stress fracture. You may wan to see a podiatrist and get some X-rays done of your foot. I'd love to do it next year...when did you guys register for the race? It looks like it sells out fast!

The Ultimate Mama said...

I'm so proud of you Dana!

emilyaaa said...

dana--that is AWESOME!!! i LOVE that video! i can't believe you did that all with a stress fracture!! honestly, how tough can a chick get? i can't wait to hear more about it. and maybe we'll join you next year....yeah, right!!!! hehehe

Scott & Tami said...

It was a blast!!!! I'm already looking forward to next year. Love you Dana!!!

The Carlson Crew said...

It is so cool that you did that!

Jen and Mark said...

That looks awesome! I am so in next year! We miss you guys. Why can't we live in our Cali house (as Josh would say) You need to post some pics. I need some of yours.

The Yoder's Five said...

I can't believe you raced with a stress fracture! You are crazy tough, woman! Glad you had fun--Scott and Tami are good people to do stuff like that with.

Zach and Erika said...

woa, sounds like a lot of fun! good job and hope your foot feels better soon!

Deborah said...

that looks like a blast. i totally would be up for something like. i am always looking for new and crazy ways to run a race. you guys look like you had tons of fun!