St. George & Las Vegas
Ryan can now say that he has run a marathon and he can cross it off his "bucket list." And he did awesome. Last weekend he ran the St. George marathon and finished it in 3 hours and 42 minutes - what a rock star!!!! We all flew down to watch the race and cheer on Ryan and his sister, Jenni!! We saw them at mile 15 and they both looked great, not even tired (how do they do that?) and then we saw them at the finish line! I am so proud of Ryan and the dedication he put towards training and actually running this race. Unfortunately the chip that links to his ipod was off by 4 miles, so he overtrained (which means the saturday he ran 20 miles he actually ran 24 - only 2.2 miles shy of another marathon), and he was very happy when he realized his split times were faster (he ran an 8:28 min mile - insane)!!! He really is my hero and if he puts his mind to something, there is no turning back - good job babe. His sister Jenni is amazing and qualified for the Boston marathon - way to go Jenni!

Ryan at mile 15 - lookin' strong

Jenni waving to us at mile 15

Jordan & Kate wore shirts to support Ryan. Jordan's said "My Dad ran 26 miles and 285 yards, Did yours?" and Kate's said, "My Dad Ran It"

Did I mention that it rained the entire race?



We loved being able to see Jenni and her family (they live in Boston). Jordan loved playing with Halle and Payton.

Halle & Kate

Aunt Jenni & Kate

Aunt Jenni taking Jordan for a ride

Kate, Ryan and Jenni
After the marathon, we went to Las Vegas and spent some time with my brother and his family. Jordan loved playing with Sammy, Andy, and Seth. We also went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.

My brother Mark

Sammy, Andy and Jordan




Jordan petting a sting ray


Jordan making funny faces at the komono dragon
16 comments:
Great job! Give us a call next time you're in town. We'd love to see you guys.
wow that is an awesome time! I was really really slow. I'm super impressed that Jenni qualified for Boston. I'm training now for the Rock N Roll in January, so hopefully my time can be better! Tell them both I said GREAT JOB!!! And yes...that rain was awful!!!!
Ryan, that's awesome! Congratulations. We'll have to see if "The Office" is holding its rabies runathon this year. All the best. Mark Mawhinney
That is so awesome of Ryan! I am so jealous of his time. He must be a natural. So when are you going to run one? I know you want to.
Go Ryan!
What an awesome accomplishment and great time.
i love the shirts you made! we had a few friends from flagstaff go up to the race. sounds fun.. kind of! good for ryan!
-bethany
I can't believe the weather for the race! It hardly ever rains in St. George and so of course you probably weren't expecting that. Well, at least he didn't overheat! It could have easily been super hot as well.
That is a really great accomplishment for Ryan. Never in a million years would I attempt such a thing.
Good job Ryan! That is awesome!!
Looks like you had a fun family trip as well. Great pictures!
I tagged you!
wahoo Ryan...that is amazing!!
That is awesome!!!
Dana, you know that one thing that you and Jeff have in common? I don't have your email address and this is a TOP SECRET topic, but if you know what I am talking about and are interested, there has been a breakthrough; email me!
It's been a long time, I see you have a beautiful family. Congrats on that. Looks as though things are going well, Your kids are adorable!
WAY TO GO RYAN!! I am sad I missed you in the george! Looks like an awesome trip, and a very rainy race! Your family is too dang cute! I am glad we get to see you soon.
GOOD JOB RYAN....I hope you all are doing well enjoying life. dana, you are a wonderful woman and mom. i hope to keep in contact. take care...love sonia
soniasluvz.blogspot.com
Gosh it's been forever!! I never have time to search blogs anymore and it was so fun to catch up a little on yours. And as soon as I clicked on your name it clicked in my head that you called me last week (or maybe two weeks ago, i generally have no concept of time anymore), so I'll give you a call soon.. I'm so glad to see that you guys are doing so well.. Colorado looks like it's treating you well. Sweet little Jordan is getting so big and it's wierd that I don't even know Kate!! I gotta meet her sometime soon...she's so adorable. And now my Bel can play! We miss you guys around here, but I'm glad you're all doing good..
Love ya,
ave
Way to go Ryan! Rich ran a half the next weekend. It is such a fun atmosphere. It is fun to see pics of your family, we miss you guys!
Post a Comment