Friday, May 2, 2008

Love Being Home

I can't believe that Kate will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. We love being home and just being able to enjoy our sweet children. Kate had her 2 week check-up last week and she weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and is in the 79% for her height. Her platelet count is now 165,000 and is in the normal range, so we are very happy about that. Jordan is a great big brother and shows Kate a lot of love. Unfortunately he has been very sick with pneumonia, so we have been trying very hard to keep him away from Kate, so far so good. My mom, dad, brother, and now I am starting to get it, have had the flu this past week (we all live in the same house right now), so keeping Kate away from everyone has been interesting to say the least. I will be so happy when everyone is healthy again, I especially miss cuddling with my little girl!!!

Here are some photos of bringing Kate home from the hospital, some good family bonding time, and my first walk with my 2 kids alone. We are truly blessed to have these two amazing children and we are simply loving life!!!!






10 comments:

The Mursets said...

We are excited to see an update! Dana you look great! Gma told us that you had a "sick house", we hope that you all warm up and get better really soon. Kate is so cute, and we can't wait to see more of her! We are so glad to hear that she is healthy.

k.young said...

She is so adorable! I have been waiting for you to post so I could see your sweet baby! I am glad that she is doing so well. I am sorry that everyone else is sick. That stinks! I hope everyone gets better soon :) She is such a doll, Dana!

Katie said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! You look great and Kate is so adorable! I am glad things are going well for her with growth and levels.
THanks for the update and fun pictures!!

Jen and Mark said...

Yeah an update and new pics. I can't believe you are all sick! I hope you all get better soon, so we can get together. She is sooo cute! And of course you look great!

Amber said...

What a happy and beautiful little family. Glad to hear that little Kate is doing well. I'm sure Jordan is a great big brother!

Cassy said...

Hey Dana! Your little girl is adorable!!!!!!!!! WE are very happy for you. I need to call and talk to you. Grant and I are seriously thinking about moving to Denver to live with my parents while we save for a house. What do you think? I am really glad you and Kate are doing well. I hope Jordon gets better. I hope to talk to you soon! -Cass

The Yoder's Five said...

I'm sure you're thinking, "Pneumonia? What next??" Your family has been through so much. Let's hope this will be the last health drama you guys have to deal with so you can just enjoy being together. You guys are so tough! Hang in there!

Carolina mama said...

Kate is beautiful! You all have been through so much, and I hope you all get feeling well soon.

Marianne said...

Love the pictures and the update. You look great and you are right back to normal little DANA!!! Kate is so cute. I wish My little KATE could see her and love her! Talk to you soon!

The Allens said...

I"m glad you're all home...hope you all are feeling better though! Kate is adorable and you look great!