For the past few weeks we have been doing a lot of home improvement projects. We are trying to grow some new grass in a huge part of our lawn, we decided to put up a tire swing for the kids and a hammock for Ryan and me to relax in, and the biggest one yet has been refinishing all of our kitchen cabinets. I decided to paint them an off white and antique them - and I absolutely LOVE THEM. It is like we have a new kitchen. Now of course I want to paint my kitchen walls red, get new flooring, and new countertops - all in due time I guess. But for now, we are really enjoying our kitchen. It took us a week and a half of painting non-stop to get them done. Thanks to my mom and my sister-in-law, Tami, who watched my kids and my mom who helped paint, I was able to do it so quickly - you guys are amazing. Ryan also had the week off, so he helped me do a lot of it. Here are a few before and after photos of the kitchen.
BEFORE:
12 comments:
Nice job! I really like the antique look. Good luck with the other projects. I love having a project to do.
You worked so hard on them and they look awesome!!! Nice Work!!!
Dana those are awesome! I am so jealous. You're gonna have to come over and show me what I need to do because you and Amber are making me want to get it done. Looks great!
You're a rockstar Dana! Those look FAN-TASTIC!
Seriously I love these! Wanna come to AZ and do mine now...:)
dana--those look amazing!! i can't even tell you how impressed i am that you did that!! the whole kitchen really does look awesome! you rock, lady!
I'm so impressed! They look so cute! Can't wait to see it with the red walls!! hehe! J-K go take a big long nap before you start that project!
Love the new kitchen! I would love to do that...but I'm a little intimidated. It looks fabulous!
I love the kitchen! We'd like to paint our cabinets white too! Any tips?
I love them, and with a red wall they will look great. Someday I will re-do our kitchen, someday. Good job!
Dana- Just blog-stalking you to see if you posted some pics of your cabinets. They look so fabulous! Hope things are going well for you guys!
Ok, so you inspired me. I did my cabinets, too-a milk chocolate brown with a dark brown antique glaze. What a pain in the bum! I'm glad you didn't give many details as to the amount of work this was gonna be, or I wouldn't have done it :)
Are you still liking your kitchen? From the pics it looks fab!
Post a Comment