Saturday, May 12, 2007

Crazy past couple months

These past two and a half months have been crazy for our family. In March both Jordan and I had surgery. I had a splenectomy and Jordan had a double hernia repair (they were only 10 days apart)!!! Then Jordan and I went to Colorado for about 2 weeks to have some help while we both recovered (because I couldn't lift Jordan after my surgery) from Ryan's family and my family. My surgery seems to have cured my ITP, but I now have a skin disorder called Dermagraphism! It's always something!!! Than about 2 week after we got back to AZ my mom had MAJOR complications with her hysterectomy and fibroid removal surgery and Jordan and I went back out to Colorado for 10 days to help take care of my mom. While we were in CO, Jordan fractured his left arm, just above the elbow. He was playing at a park and was on the playground equipment (a bridge on the equipment) and he fell off the bridge and landed on his arm. He was in a splint (or half cast) for 3 days and then we had a hard cast put on yesterday! He will have it taken off on June 1!!! Luckily though his cast is waterproof - I can't image trying to keep him away from water in the 105 degree weather we are having here in AZ for 3 weeks :0) Luckily things seem to be slowing down for us! Ryan is healthy and doing great - we need someone in our family to hold us all together :0) Three days after Jordan and I got home from CO, Shelley and Karli came out for Carli Heap's wedding, and they were here until this afternoon. We had fun having them here!! Here are some photos of all these great adventures!


Jordan loved playing & swimming with Jake and Layton!!!


Dana, Jordan, Ryan, and Karli


Aunt Karli and Jordan - check out that blue cast!


Karli, Nana, Dana & Jordan



2 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Jordan,

Sorry to hear about your arm. Looking at the bright side...You got a waterproof cast. Get well soon.

Marianne said...

Dana Love the blog! And Jordan is the cutest!